Friday, September 27, 2019

Seif Day 22

3 or 4/6.  I'm really not sure whether the fourth will get marked correct or not.  It's starting to hit that the season is almost over, and it still feels like it just began (probably because I've blocked out my long winless streak in the middle of the season).

1. Father Knows Best :(, D12.  I haven't even heard of the correct answer.

2. Oblast :), D22.  Only easy one of the day for me, but I doubt this is easy overall.

3. Pine nuts :), D10.  Phew.  I put this down immediately but then spent quite some time trying to convince myself it was wrong.  Glad I stuck with my first answer.

4. Clarinet :(, D33.  Seems really hard.  I actually seem to have known/correctly guessed what a shawm is, but even so getting from there to oboe seems like quite a stretch.

5. Lakes :/, D21.  Really don't know whether I'll get credit here, and I'm not even sure what I'd do if I were the one grading.  I didn't know what it was, but I figured by the name it might have something to do with salinity.  Too bad I gave so precise an answer, but "water" didn't even occur to me as a potentially specific enough answer.

6. Gin rummy :), D01.  Obviously I had no clue about the movie, but not unlike Toyota yesterday, it's a question you can get just from the clues about drinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment