Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Jesse day 15

2/6

1. The fruit of Actinidia deliciosa, of which Chinese gooseberry is a variety, has a common name that it shares with what flightless bird?
Correct Answer: KIWI
Your Answer: Kiwi
Points Assigned: 0
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 0

I think this one is a gimmie. 

2. The Story of My Life and Work (1900) and Up from Slavery (1901) are autobiographies by what "Sage of Tuskegee"?
Correct Answer: BOOKER T. WASHINGTON
Your Answer: Douglass
Points Assigned: 3
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2

I had a feeling I was wrong. 

3. Bodyguard Race Bannon, a young Indian boy named Hadji, and a mini-bulldog named Bandit were traveling companions of the title character and his father on what cartoon adventure series?
Correct Answer: JONNY QUEST
Your Answer: Johnny Quest
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2

I watched this as a child. 

4. In most major league baseball games, there are four officials, all of whom are umpires. In NHL games, there are also four (on-ice) officials—two referees and two others known as what?
Correct Answer: LINESMEN
Your Answer: Line judges
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1

I don't watch hockey. I was pretty sure it had something to do with the lines for offsides, but did not know what they were called.

5. A radio station in southern Alabama ("Rock 100.5—The Rock of Dothan") has call letters that are (coincidentally) the first letters of the last names of the four presidents depicted on Mount Rushmore, viewed from left to right. What are that station's call letters?
Correct Answer: WJRL
Your Answer: WJLR
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1

I went in chronological order, but I guess now that I picture them, Teddy is on the right. 

6. What comedy musical, which premiered on Broadway in 1962 with Zero Mostel in the leading role and was revived in 1996 with Nathan Lane, is based on the farcical plays of Titus Maccius Plautus (254 BCE–184 BCE)?
Correct Answer: A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE FORUM
Your Answer: The Birdcage
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 3  

I had no idea. I was sure my answer was wrong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment