3/6, which I'm very happy about. I found these very hard and was only confident on one of them. I also found defense particularly tough, and in retrospect I think I defended quite poorly.
1. Homer :(, D21. I'd never heard of Sappho, though now that I see the answer, I have learned something about etymology.
2. San Antonio :), D10. Despite my low D, I think this was very hard. I didn't know anything about the bases, so I had to go with the "long and eventful history concerning military compounds" clue, which I guessed/hoped referred to the Alamo. I pushed all-in for LLL by giving Mirkin a 0 here. That will likely work out well but probably wasn't the smartest move, since if I'd been way off, I'd have also wasted my D0. I'm curious to see if others found this easier than I did.
3. Star Search :(, D23. Nope! Is this easy for others? Did I mess up by giving my opponents such high D?
4. Molt :(, D12. Nope again! Once again, I'm now regretting my D now that I see the answer.
5. Wright :), D32. I really didn't expect to get this and once again am regretting my D. The only thing I had to go on here was that I knew that Frank Lloyd Wright's house style was "prairie" (something I learned just a few weeks ago because my daughter wanted me to tell her "different types of houses" and I did a Google search), but that wasn't really a lot to hang my hat on. I thought it could easily be a female artist rather than a male architect.
6. Trout :), D01. Only one of the day I was pretty certain of. I've ordered plenty of these off of menus.
1. Homer :(, D21. I'd never heard of Sappho, though now that I see the answer, I have learned something about etymology.
2. San Antonio :), D10. Despite my low D, I think this was very hard. I didn't know anything about the bases, so I had to go with the "long and eventful history concerning military compounds" clue, which I guessed/hoped referred to the Alamo. I pushed all-in for LLL by giving Mirkin a 0 here. That will likely work out well but probably wasn't the smartest move, since if I'd been way off, I'd have also wasted my D0. I'm curious to see if others found this easier than I did.
3. Star Search :(, D23. Nope! Is this easy for others? Did I mess up by giving my opponents such high D?
4. Molt :(, D12. Nope again! Once again, I'm now regretting my D now that I see the answer.
5. Wright :), D32. I really didn't expect to get this and once again am regretting my D. The only thing I had to go on here was that I knew that Frank Lloyd Wright's house style was "prairie" (something I learned just a few weeks ago because my daughter wanted me to tell her "different types of houses" and I did a Google search), but that wasn't really a lot to hang my hat on. I thought it could easily be a female artist rather than a male architect.
6. Trout :), D01. Only one of the day I was pretty certain of. I've ordered plenty of these off of menus.
No comments:
Post a Comment