2/6 on a very hard day for me. I thought I had just 1 when I submitted, and the second one I got was, I think, my most satisfying correct answer of the season.
1. Garden State Parkway :(, D03. This is what happens when you're forced to take the geography approach to pop music question. I had no clue at all and have never heard of this band.
2. Defibrilator :), D10. Spelling difficulties aside, this strikes me as one of the easier questions this season. Only one today that I was certain about.
3. Vegetable oil :(, D31. Didn't know this or consider egg yolk. I'm also not really sure my answer makes sense, but I wasn't going to get the right answer either way.
4. Saffron :(, D22. I've never heard of the term nutmeg in soccer.
5. Finland :), D21. Even though my odds of pulling off a win with 2/6 are about equal to what my odds would have been with 1/6 or 0/6, getting this was nonetheless very satisfying. I initially wasn't even sure of the continent. Ultimately, it was the name "Sami," the ethnic group in northern Finland that clued me in. Plus the timing pretty much made sense during the Napoleonic Wars, at least in narrowing things down to Europe.
6. Monty Python :(, D12. Never heard of this, either.
1. Garden State Parkway :(, D03. This is what happens when you're forced to take the geography approach to pop music question. I had no clue at all and have never heard of this band.
2. Defibrilator :), D10. Spelling difficulties aside, this strikes me as one of the easier questions this season. Only one today that I was certain about.
3. Vegetable oil :(, D31. Didn't know this or consider egg yolk. I'm also not really sure my answer makes sense, but I wasn't going to get the right answer either way.
4. Saffron :(, D22. I've never heard of the term nutmeg in soccer.
5. Finland :), D21. Even though my odds of pulling off a win with 2/6 are about equal to what my odds would have been with 1/6 or 0/6, getting this was nonetheless very satisfying. I initially wasn't even sure of the continent. Ultimately, it was the name "Sami," the ethnic group in northern Finland that clued me in. Plus the timing pretty much made sense during the Napoleonic Wars, at least in narrowing things down to Europe.
6. Monty Python :(, D12. Never heard of this, either.
No comments:
Post a Comment