Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Gideon Day 20 vs Jesse

4/6 today

1 :) D1/1 HK
2 :( D0/0 Asteroid - I’ve got a postage stamp sized piece of the Muonionalusta meteorite. It has a really beautiful Widmanstätten pattern, and is possibly one of the oldest objects on earth. 
3 :) D1/1 - Took a little while to get this.  I almost went with Armageddon It or Pour Some Sugar On Me before remembering that I’d actually heard of this musical. 
4 :) D3/2 Argentina - I deduced this from “Castellano” referring to Castilian Spanish, and “Rioplatense” referring to the Platte River, which runs through downtown Denver and is probably not the right answer. Thinking further I went from platense to platino  which means ‘little silver.’ I got from Spanish speaking country + silver to Argentina (which also has a silver derived name). I was really happily surprised that this was actually right. 
5 :( D2/3 Ringo Starr - I came up with a whole lotta guesses and settled on Thomas the Tank Engine with the three being Ringo, George Carlin and Alec Baldwin. 
6 :) D2/2 Thousand Island - My first thought was Niagara.  Glad I didn’t go with that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment