I take on Gideon in a brother battle in LLL! I thought I had a good chance, but my guesses did not pan out for a 3/6.
Correct Answer: HONG KONG
Your Answer: Hong Kong
Points Assigned: 0
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1
I have been following Hong Kong in the news.
2. A meteor that reaches the earth's surface and is not burned up by friction is a meteorite. What is the accompanying term for any meteor that could possibly, but has not yet, collided with the earth's atmosphere?
Correct Answer: METEOROID
Your Answer: Meteoroid
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 0
2. A meteor that reaches the earth's surface and is not burned up by friction is a meteorite. What is the accompanying term for any meteor that could possibly, but has not yet, collided with the earth's atmosphere?
Correct Answer: METEOROID
Your Answer: Meteoroid
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 0
Spent time deciding between and Asteroid and a Meteoroid.
3. "Cum On Feel the Noize", "Nothin' But a Good Time", and "The Final Countdown" are songs from what jukebox musical, a tribute to hair metal of the 1980s that is itself named after a 1983 song by Def Leppard?
Correct Answer: ROCK OF AGES
Your Answer: Rock of Ages
Points Assigned: 3
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2
3. "Cum On Feel the Noize", "Nothin' But a Good Time", and "The Final Countdown" are songs from what jukebox musical, a tribute to hair metal of the 1980s that is itself named after a 1983 song by Def Leppard?
Correct Answer: ROCK OF AGES
Your Answer: Rock of Ages
Points Assigned: 3
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2
Pyromania was the first album I ever owned, purchase for me for my birthday by a friend in elementary school. I still know all the songs and went through the track list in my head. I was pretty sure it was Rock! Rock! (Till You drop), but then remembered Rock of Ages and I knew that was a musical.
4. Castellano rioplatense is a local name for a dialect spoken primarily in two countries. Name either of those two countries.
Correct Answer: ARGENTINA, URUGUAY
Your Answer: Spain
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2
4. Castellano rioplatense is a local name for a dialect spoken primarily in two countries. Name either of those two countries.
Correct Answer: ARGENTINA, URUGUAY
Your Answer: Spain
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2
I have been to both countries, I did not ever hear the term.
5. Name any one of the three men who filled the television role that has been filled, since 2001, by Marilyn Milian.
Correct Answer: JOSEPH WAPNER, ED KOCH, JERRY SHEINDLIN
Your Answer: David Caruso
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 3
5. Name any one of the three men who filled the television role that has been filled, since 2001, by Marilyn Milian.
Correct Answer: JOSEPH WAPNER, ED KOCH, JERRY SHEINDLIN
Your Answer: David Caruso
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 3
Oh, yeah, I don't watch daytime TV.
6. Identify the salad dressing and condiment, similar to Russian dressing, that is named after a geographical area that straddles a part of the international border between Ontario and New York.
Correct Answer: THOUSAND ISLAND DRESSING
Your Answer: Buffalo
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1
6. Identify the salad dressing and condiment, similar to Russian dressing, that is named after a geographical area that straddles a part of the international border between Ontario and New York.
Correct Answer: THOUSAND ISLAND DRESSING
Your Answer: Buffalo
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1
This should have been very gettable as Thousand Island is pretty much russian dressing and isn't there a thousand islands bridge? I knew Buffalo dressing is more a sauce and is nothing like russian dressing, but went with it anyway. I went to school in Rochester, so this is shameful.
No comments:
Post a Comment