Thursday, September 19, 2019

Seif Day 16 vs. Andy (LLL)

4/6, which is better than I thought I had done.  I'm firmly in the relegation zone for B, but I'm actually having my best season yet from a QPct perspective.  I wonder if that means all the pop music, etc., questions are still coming this season.

1. Blood :(, D22.  Way off here (hema- is blood... c'mon, David), but I never would have gotten it.

2. Kathy :), D11.  Surprised to get this (and fortunate they don't count spelling).  I went through my extremely limited knowledge of comic strips, and this was the only one I could think of with a title that's a first name.

3. Taco :), D10.  I honestly didn't know this had anything to do with LeBron James, but the term is fairly common.  Still, I didn't know it was going to be correct.

4. Jones :(, D03.  After a long time, I was proud of myself for figuring out correctly that this was a list of women who have won Best Director.  (Or, since Sofia Coppola is on the list, perhaps a list of people whose terrible acting ruined the third movie in an otherwise epic movie series...)  But, that didn't help me come up with another woman who has won Best Director, and I had no clue at all.  The good thing was that by at least realizing this had to do with movies, I was able to defend reasonably.

5. Gout :), D22.  This was a gimme for me, but from a history perspective.  You can't study too much history without coming across lots of people affected by gout.  I'm curious as to how hard people find this.  I kind of wish Thorsten had left off the "four letter" clue in the question, which makes it much easier.

6. Singh :), D31.  Gimme.

No comments:

Post a Comment