4/6 playing my friend, and possible blog lurker, Tauby in LL. Maybe playing me will get him to read the blog and post. A few questions in what are normally my strengths, but they were difficult.
1) Australian Rules Football. Educated guess. The names sounded mostly British, and 'something Rules something' popped into my head, I figured this was as good a guess as any. Ben and I discussed it last year during the playoffs, I think. 1/2
2) morphisms. I've heard of isomers, would never have gotten there. Should be a gimme for Stephen. 0/1
3) Paris. Hoped 1809 and 1814-15 had to do with Napoleon. 0/1
4) Funkadelic. Didn't know at first, but my college roommate taught me Clinton and Parliament = funk, and I probably learned the term funkadelic from him. Didn't know it was a band, but it fit the bill. 1/3
5) Northern Exposure. Was thinking of potential small town shows. Twin Peaks (which I've never seen) came to mind, but I thought it was off the air by 1994. Then Picket Fences, but I love that show and those names don't ring a bell. Then I thought of that show in Alaska which I've never seen starring that guy from something and the girl from Cliffhanger. Came to me after a few minutes, and it was my best guess. Hopefully Stephen was too busy to watch tv in 1994. 3/2
6) Dali. Spanish painter = Dali or Picasso, I know Guernica was a WWI painting so 1930s less likely for Picasso, and there were clocks melting on a cliff on the poster in my dorm room, so that clinched it. This is the first, and will be the last, time that an art question will be the only question I'm sure of. 2/0
No comments:
Post a Comment