Solid 5/6, far better than I thought I'd done. Yesterday I took two losses due to bad defense, and I think I may have defended poorly yet again today.
1. Shinto :), D12. Happy and surprised to get this. I convinced myself that this was likely Japan, though I wasn't sure. Then I actually spent most of my time trying to remember if the religion was "shinto" or "shinso." If I'd chosen the wrong one, that would have really been frustrating.
2. Prorogue :), D21. As gimme as it gets for me. I don't think it will give Brian too hard a time, either.
3. The Day the Earth Stood Still :), D20. The rare movie question I'm certain about. Should be super easy for Brian.
4. Clef :), D33. I thought this was much harder than it was, and I'm seriously regretting my D. It's one of the few times when my getting the answer right (conditional on defending as though my answer was likely wrong) probably lowers my odds of winning the match.
5. Salk :), D12. I've heard of the Salk Institute, so I was pretty certain this was right.
6. Queen :(, D01. How appropriate. A pop music question that I'm sure most people will find really easy stops me from getting a 6/6. After my *amazing* streak of two consecutive pop music questions to start off the season, the natural order of the LL universe is reestablishing itself. As it should be.
1. Shinto :), D12. Happy and surprised to get this. I convinced myself that this was likely Japan, though I wasn't sure. Then I actually spent most of my time trying to remember if the religion was "shinto" or "shinso." If I'd chosen the wrong one, that would have really been frustrating.
2. Prorogue :), D21. As gimme as it gets for me. I don't think it will give Brian too hard a time, either.
3. The Day the Earth Stood Still :), D20. The rare movie question I'm certain about. Should be super easy for Brian.
4. Clef :), D33. I thought this was much harder than it was, and I'm seriously regretting my D. It's one of the few times when my getting the answer right (conditional on defending as though my answer was likely wrong) probably lowers my odds of winning the match.
5. Salk :), D12. I've heard of the Salk Institute, so I was pretty certain this was right.
6. Queen :(, D01. How appropriate. A pop music question that I'm sure most people will find really easy stops me from getting a 6/6. After my *amazing* streak of two consecutive pop music questions to start off the season, the natural order of the LL universe is reestablishing itself. As it should be.
No comments:
Post a Comment