Friday, September 27, 2019

Jesse Day 22

3/6

1. Ricky and David were the names of the child actors, and also the child characters, who appeared with their parents on what TV series that ran from 1952 to 1966 (after nearly ten successful years on the radio)?
Correct Answer: THE ADVENTURES OF OZZIE AND HARRIET
Your Answer: Father knows best
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 3

I had no idea.

2. According to the Russian Constitution, the Russian Federation consists of six types of federal subjects (constituent entities very roughly equivalent to states or provinces). Three types are republics, cities of federal importance, and autonomous okrugs. Name any one of the other three types.
Correct Answer: KRAI, OBLAST, AUTONOMOUS OBLAST
Your Answer: Oblast
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2

I read something recently with the word Oblast in it. 

3. A basic recipe for pesto consists at a minimum of basil, garlic, olive oil, parmesan cheese, and, most traditionally, what nuts? The original pesto alla genovese includes these nuts and the aforementioned ingredients plus pecorino and salt.
Correct Answer: PINE NUTS
Your Answer: Pine Nuts
Points Assigned: 0
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2

I just know this from eating pesto al genovese. 

4. The musical instrument known as a shawm is a predecessor of what other instrument, which shares the shawm's basic form and mostly replaced the shawm by the end of the 17th century?
Correct Answer: OBOE
Your Answer: Sitar
Points Assigned: 3
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1

I had no idea. The word sounded vaguely hindi so I went with Sitar. 

5. A Secchi Disk, eight to twelve inches wide and plain white or divided into black and white quadrants, is an instrument used chiefly for measuring the clarity of what?
Correct Answer: (SEA)WATER
Your Answer: Diamonds
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1

I was pretty sure this would be diamonds. Nope!

6. What card game, probably the most popular named after two alcoholic drinks, is being played at the Hotel Fontainebleau in Miami Beach at the beginning of the film Goldfinger?
Correct Answer: GIN RUMMY
Your Answer: Gin Rummy
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 0  

I think this is a gimmie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment