Friday, September 27, 2019

Gideon Day 22

The questions this season have been really good to me. I’m still kinda shocked I’ve been able to keep this up. We’ll see how generous Thorsten is with my answers today.

1 :/ D3/3 Ozzie And Harriet - I was pretty sure that Lucy had little Ricky while the tv show was on the air, not ten years earlier, so I ruled them out. Took a little while to remember Ricky Nelson’s last name, and then finally pull Ozzie and Harriet Nelson from that. Hope this answer is close enough.
2 :) D1/1 Oblasts
3 :/ D0/0 Pignola (Pine Nuts) - I meant to type Pignolia, which I wrote correctly in my paper notebook when I was working out today’s answers. Hope I get the credit.  I made pesto last week with a late season harvest from the basil plant on my porch, and ate some last night!
4 :) D2/2 Oboe - I had no idea. I spent a long while writing out lots of possible answers. At the last minute changed my answer from harpsichord. I remembered we had an oboe question a while ago and thought the name origin (hautbois) was neat, so I went with it as a wild guess.
5 :( D2/2 Oil - I was considering water... then decided they might be checking olive oil or something.
6 :) D1/1 Gin Rummy

No comments:

Post a Comment