3/6. I'm almost too annoyed to write a review because I made the most careless mistake I've made in the history of my LL career. I guess I once again need to start waiting longer to submit.
1. Cornish Hen :(, D20. No clue.
2. Parker :(, D33. I mixed up Gertrude Stein and Dorothy Parker.
3. Russia :(, D12. [EXPLETIVE]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I [expletive] had it, too!!!!! Read the question... dynasty not country...
4. Un-American :), D01. I'm sure many people will get trapped by writing Communist instead. But given that it was 1938, Communist is wrong for more than just semantic reasons.
5. Dinosaur :), D11. I probably made this too complicated. I heavily considered paleontology and evolution.
6. Pontius Pilate :), D22. Happy to get this. I didn't really expect to. Based on what I think I remember about the defaced picture in (Spain? Portugal?), I thought there was about a 60% chance that this dealt with the crucifixion. I also thought there was about a 60% chance that Pontius Pilate was associated with the crucifixion. But that meant I thought I only had a slightly-better than 1/3 shot of getting this right.
Bottom line, so mad about #3. I deserve to lose if this is what costs me.
1. Cornish Hen :(, D20. No clue.
2. Parker :(, D33. I mixed up Gertrude Stein and Dorothy Parker.
3. Russia :(, D12. [EXPLETIVE]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I [expletive] had it, too!!!!! Read the question... dynasty not country...
4. Un-American :), D01. I'm sure many people will get trapped by writing Communist instead. But given that it was 1938, Communist is wrong for more than just semantic reasons.
5. Dinosaur :), D11. I probably made this too complicated. I heavily considered paleontology and evolution.
6. Pontius Pilate :), D22. Happy to get this. I didn't really expect to. Based on what I think I remember about the defaced picture in (Spain? Portugal?), I thought there was about a 60% chance that this dealt with the crucifixion. I also thought there was about a 60% chance that Pontius Pilate was associated with the crucifixion. But that meant I thought I only had a slightly-better than 1/3 shot of getting this right.
Bottom line, so mad about #3. I deserve to lose if this is what costs me.
No comments:
Post a Comment