Monday, September 16, 2019

Brian Day 13 vs Andy in LLL

3/6  Defense will kill me today. (Looks like everyone's in agreement on that.)

1) Sapphos.  Hmm. not sure I'll get credit with that extra S.   I thought Sapphic/Lesbian was obvious, I guess we know where my interests lie.  Why was this so difficult?  Why did I defend 0/0?  Maybe I'll luck into some points.

2) Charleston.  Reading a civil war book, was thinking Fort Sumter. Considered the Alamo, but wasn't sure what city it was in, so stuck with Charleston.  Pretty sure i defended too high as for anyone who knows where the Alamo is, it's the obvious answer.  3/2

3) The Gong Show.  Considered The Match Game and Hollywood Squares, but late 70s 'reality competition' left The Gong Show and Battle of the Network Stars, and this fit the bill.  1/3

4) molt.  Didn't seem like it was from a Latin word, but it was all i got, and unfortunately i defended like it was the right answer.  2/1

5) Wrigley.  I had no idea what Prairie modernist means, and defended this like a sports question.  My LL opponent is batting .814 in art.  uh oh. 2/2

6) Trout.  Rainbow made this a gimme.  1/1

No comments:

Post a Comment