5/6 should be enough to take down David, but he may surprise me. I hate to give high defense on questions that are gimmes for me, but I had no choice. Will give commentary after my initial ramblings on each question.
1) Shinto. A gimme for me as I'm a big fan of the comic book The Wicked and the Divine, which features a pantheon of reincarnated gods from various mythologies. Though the names don't sound Japanese, I think the 'taka' portion of the city sounds vaguely Japanese (perhaps I'm thinking of Mr. Takagi with the nice suit), and the 'sun' goddess could hint towards the rising sun. So I'm defending Dave low here. 2/1
Uh oh, Dave got 5/6. It comes down to D. 2(1)-1(1)
2) Susspend. I've somehow glossed over the term prorogue in every article I've read on Brexit, but I doubt Dave has. 1/0
2(1)-1(2)
3) The Day the Earth Stood Still. Gimme for me, but no choice but to assign 3/3. I'm guessing this is where Dave uses his zero on me.
uh oh. Didn't see that coming. 2(2)-4(3)
4) Clef. What else could it be? I think Dave knows this, but I had already used my 0 and 1s. 0/2
Much better. Dave, I couldn't believe the answer was that easy either, but I didn't see what else it could be. 5(3)-6(4)
5) Salk. The date gave me hesitation, I thought Salk was much earlier, but luckily I had no other option. 1/1
7(4)-7(5)
6) Led Zeppelin. At 8 years old, my oldest daughter saw Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran. At 9, she just saw Pink. At 6 years old, my youngest just saw Jojo Siwa. So why didn't my parents take me to see Led Zeppelin when I was their age?!? So unfair. It's amazing to me, when I saw the Page & Plant reunion tour in 1994, that it had 1) only been 14 years since Bonham died, and 2) these living legends were younger than I am now. Dave might get this because he was thrown in a locker in high school by a guy wearing a Stairway to Heaven shirt, but I doubt it. 2/2
8(5)-7(5) Nice job Dave, much closer than i expected given a film and music question.
No comments:
Post a Comment