4/6, which I'm quite happy about. I was only sure about two of them when I submitted.
1. Australian rules football :), D10. Unlike in Ben's case, this was absolutely not a gimme for me. I spent a lot of time just trying to come up with a 3 word sport (let alone one that could fit the rest of the question). Then I spent a lot more trying to see if I could come up with anything else, and I finally convinced myself that I couldn't. I thought I had a better than 50/50 shot of getting this right when I submitted, but I sure wasn't confident.
2. Isomers :), D22. Pretty close to a gimme for me. I did have to re-read the question to make sure Thorsten wasn't looking for chirality, but the question made it clear.
3. Vienna :), D21. Congress of Vienna in 1814-15 made it a gimme.
4. Who :(, D12. A bad answer to a question I had no clue about.
5. All My Children :(, D01. I've never even heard of the correct answer. No chance here whatsoever.
6. Dali :), D33. Given the time period, I figured this had to be either Dali or Picasso, or at least those were the only two answers I could come up with. And I was pretty sure Picasso wasn't from Catalonia. Still, I was hardly confident when I submitted. With this correct answer, I'm somehow now 6/7 on art questions this season. What an outlier. I was 21/73 on art questions going into this season.
1. Australian rules football :), D10. Unlike in Ben's case, this was absolutely not a gimme for me. I spent a lot of time just trying to come up with a 3 word sport (let alone one that could fit the rest of the question). Then I spent a lot more trying to see if I could come up with anything else, and I finally convinced myself that I couldn't. I thought I had a better than 50/50 shot of getting this right when I submitted, but I sure wasn't confident.
2. Isomers :), D22. Pretty close to a gimme for me. I did have to re-read the question to make sure Thorsten wasn't looking for chirality, but the question made it clear.
3. Vienna :), D21. Congress of Vienna in 1814-15 made it a gimme.
4. Who :(, D12. A bad answer to a question I had no clue about.
5. All My Children :(, D01. I've never even heard of the correct answer. No chance here whatsoever.
6. Dali :), D33. Given the time period, I figured this had to be either Dali or Picasso, or at least those were the only two answers I could come up with. And I was pretty sure Picasso wasn't from Catalonia. Still, I was hardly confident when I submitted. With this correct answer, I'm somehow now 6/7 on art questions this season. What an outlier. I was 21/73 on art questions going into this season.
No comments:
Post a Comment