Friday, September 20, 2019

Debbie day 17

Kind of bummed that my 6/6 yesterday ended up a tie (with the only other person in R who got 6) and had me drop down 3 places... oh well.  But another pleasant surprise today with 3/6 (was hoping it may be 4 but probably not). My competitor is top in our league with 14 wins, so not terribly optimistic.

1.  :) E Street Band.  Had to think about it for a bit (and I think of them as part of Bruce) but I got it. D1

2) :) defibrillator. Yeah - thought this would be very easy D0

3) :(???? egg whites.  I did have a sense this was egg... but sure wish I hadn't put in whites.  Thought yolk wouldn't make sense as it would make all the colors yellow. D1

4) :( pepper. never heard of this. D2

5) :) Finland.  Someone named Pavlo Luponen or something like that, who was maybe Finnish prime minister or another government leader, was a speaker at my college graduation, and the name reminded me of that, so I went for it. Also sounded Turkish (or maybe Hungarian) but I thought Turkey didn't get it together for a long time after that  D3

6) :( Dick York  Isn't he a sergeant? I guess not - he's Bewitched's Darren. Apparently there is another Sergeant York I was thinking of. Oh well.  Never heard of the movies D2

No comments:

Post a Comment