Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Brian Day 19 vs. Kim

4/6, feeling good after my completely incorrect thinking about the Spanish artist yesterday still got me to Dali (Guernica was not painted in WWI, which pushed me away from Picasso; and there were no clocks melting on a cliff, the cliff was in the background.  Good to know I'm still bad at art even when I get the question correct.)

1) Bechdel.   This is well known among comic readers, not sure how well known it is out in the real world.  Her graphic novel Fun Home has been a Broadway show for a few years which probably put her name out there a bit.   (looking at your answers she's very well known.) D2/1

2) Stallone.  Started a list of movies from around 1976, when I landed on Rocky it felt right.  I didn't know he was nominated for it, but I hear Creed is very good.  1/0

3) Hirohito.  no chance.  1/2

4) nachos bellgrande.  I've consumed many meximelts and chilitos over the years.  2/2

5) Singapore.  My first thought, and though I wasn't confident, it felt right.  0/1

6) Nova.  isn't the bossa nova a dance? or a club?  figured nova meant 'new', but I had no shot. 3/3

No comments:

Post a Comment