Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Seif Day 15 vs. Gideon (LLL)

5/6 today.  With one exception, these questions were about as up my alley as questions can be, but I suspect many will find them quite hard.  It makes me think that I have a shot of handing Gideon his first LLL loss of the season.

Separately, not the best record of posting yesterday, people.  I'm just saying...

1. Kiwi :), D30.  This is easy for someone who's traded a bunch of FX because kiwi is also the nickname of the New Zealand currency.  I can't imagine this will give any of our Antipodean friends much trouble (though we'll only find out if they post...).  I didn't get this via the "food and drink" approach, but I'm D0ing Gideon here because he's so good at food and drink.  I hope I don't regret it.

2. Washington :), D01.  Tuskegee = Booker T. Washington.  Nothing else to consider here.

3. Futurama :(, D11.  I spent a bit of time on this question and quickly realized I didn't know it.  Then I spent some time trying to figure out if I could at least venture a halfway decent guess and quickly realized I could not.  Then I spent some time trying to see if I could at least come up with an answer so that I wouldn't embarrass myself, and, once again, I quickly realized I could not.  So Futurama it is.

4. Linesmen :), D23.  Of the 5 I got, this was the only one I was uncertain about.  I debated linesmen and judges, but I felt like this was probably right.

5. WJRL :), D12.  Another great question from Thorsten in a season of great questions.  This was essentially a gimme for me, but I suspect many will find the order of the final 3 letters pretty tricky.

6. A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum :), D22.  Even though I'm pretty weak in theater in general, there are a few areas within it that I'm very strong (though you'll forgive me if, for competitive purposes, I don't elaborate too much on what those areas are).  This fell squarely into one of those areas, and I was certain about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment