First off, apologies to Will for my forfeit on Monday - I've had an insane week but that's obviously not an excuse.
It's also not an excuse for my continued atrocious defense. I managed to lose 8(4)-6(5) in LL and tie Brad in LLL 6(5)-6(3).
Thankfully, my D won't matter as I managed a surprising 6/6 today wasn't sure about 4 of these.
1. :) - I read my daughter this book Big Red Barn often and, in it, there's a bantam rooster and a bantam hen (among many other animals). This was why I guessed bantam - that, and I couldn't think of any other varieties/strains of poultry. I also convinced myself that bantam sounded vaguely Asian. Was surprised to see I was correct. D1/2
2. :) - I know this because of Midnight in Paris, a fun Woody Allen movie (am I still allowed to say that?) where Kathy Bates played Gertrude Stein. This question was a perfect description of how she was portrayed in the movie. D2/2
3. :) - Another educated guess based on how long the Romanovs ruled and the fact that the time was about right. Was surprised here too. D2/1
4. :) - Gimme for me. HUAC. D0/0
5. :) - Another somewhat educated guess. Was surprised i got this one too but, in hindsight, not sure what else it could have been. D1/1
6. :) - Shocking that I pulled this one. Common Jesus art = Crucifixion; Crucifixion = Pontius Pilate. The math is flawless. D3/3
No comments:
Post a Comment