Monday, September 16, 2019

Jesse day 13

4/6

1. The modern definition of the term lesbian is etymologically rooted in the work of what poet, who lived on the island of Lesbos in the 6th century BCE?
Correct Answer: SAPPHO
Your Answer: Sappho
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1

When I think Lesbos i think of Sappho of Lesbos. 

2. The US Air Force's Kelly Field, Lackland Air Force Base, and Randolph Air Force Base are all located in or near what city, which has a long and eventful history concerning military compounds?
Correct Answer: SAN ANTONIO
Your Answer: Edinburough
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2

I thought this had something to do with Trump's golf course in Scotland. Clearly I am not paying enough attention to the Texas. 

3. Gene Gene the Dancing Machine, the Unknown Comic, Jamie Farr, and Jaye P. Morgan all frequently appeared on what reality competition (of sorts) TV series?
Correct Answer: THE GONG SHOW
Your Answer: The Gong Show
Points Assigned: 3
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 3

This was a total guess and I hope this was as hard as I scored it. This was barely in my memory. 

4. What is the scientific term for the shedding of leaves by deciduous plants during autumn, from the Latin for "cut away"? It's also used for the intentional shedding of a body part in animals and the separation of mitospores from a fungus.
Correct Answer: ABSCISSION
Your Answer: Multing
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2

Nope!

5. Frederick C. Robie, a successful businessman who owned automobile and bicycle companies in the early 1900s and lived for a time in Chicago's Hyde Park neighborhood, is remembered today almost exclusively for his association with what Prairie modernist?
Correct Answer: FRANK LLOYD WRIGHT
Your Answer: Wright
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1

I studied architecture art history as a minor and love Wright. The Robie house is well known and I think I went there on a Wright tour. 

6. Brook, Sunapee, Dolly Varden, Lake, Cutthroat, Rainbow, and Golden are among the different types of what game fish?
Correct Answer: TROUT
Your Answer: Trout
Points Assigned: 0
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 0

Rainbow got me there. The other confirmed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment