Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Seif Day 23 vs. Brian (LLL)

5/6 today with very friendly questions for me personally.  I need it since I'm still in the lowest non-relegation spot in my rundle and am only not lower due to MPD.  Past LL questions were very helpful for two of the five I got.  Like the last time I played Brian in LLL, I think he's going to have a hard time against me given the question make up and our relative strengths.

1. Provence :), D12.  Gimme for me.  I cook with this all the time.  I'm guessing I get some points here, since food/drink isn't really one of my especially strong categories.

2. Sanguine :), D01.  Thorsten uses this word *all the time* in questions.  It popped right into my head, but I really doubt I would have thought of it but for my years of LL experience.

3. Wallace :), D22.  I (kind of surprisingly) had never heard of the Civil War general, but the other two clues in the question left no doubt.

4. Great Bear Lake :), D23.  These were the answer to a question a number of seasons ago (though I think you had to list both).  I got it wrong then.  Not this time!

5. Nike :), D30.  I wrote down Nintendo at first because I misunderstood the question.  Then at the last minute I realized that you were not just asked to identify "Mario's" company, thought about it, and knew the answer.  This would have really annoyed me if I'd missed it.

6. Panposeidon :(, D11.  I had no idea.  Seems like something I could have known, but nope.

No comments:

Post a Comment