Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Dave M day 23

I was braced for a 1 or 2 but got 4/6 today. I’m now so clear at the top of Rundle E I’ll definitely be back in D with most of you next season.

 

1 : ) Provence. Herbes meant it had to be from France, therefore Provence. D00

2 : ) Sanguine. I didn’t know this referred to bloodthirsty. Initially Sangfroid popped into my head as sang = blood in French, then changed it to Sanguine which aligned with ‘confidently optimistic’. I was not sanguine that this was the correct answer. D22

3 : ) Wallace. Another I didn’t expect to get right. Thinking of 1960s pres candidates and Humphrey and Goldwater didn’t sound right, Then I remembered Wallace stood in one of the elections. D31

4 : ) Great Slave Lake. Geography. D12

5 : ( Kelloggs. I considered Nike and thought no that’s the swoosh. Looking it up I realize it’s the Jordans logo. D13

6 : ( Panossos. Never really had a shot with this one. D21

No comments:

Post a Comment