3/6
1. The "2 Tone" movement in British music of the late 1970s, represented by acts such as The Selecter, Madness, The Specials, and The (English) Beat, marked a revival of what musical genre—a precursor to reggae and rocksteady that originated in Jamaica two decades earlier?
Correct Answer: SKA
Your Answer: Ska
Points Assigned: 2
1. The "2 Tone" movement in British music of the late 1970s, represented by acts such as The Selecter, Madness, The Specials, and The (English) Beat, marked a revival of what musical genre—a precursor to reggae and rocksteady that originated in Jamaica two decades earlier?
Correct Answer: SKA
Your Answer: Ska
Points Assigned: 2
I first put down Calypso, but I didn't think that was from Jamaica. A had friends that were in a Ska band in high school, but wasn't sure if that was a more modern form of music than reggae. I went with ska in the end.
2. On March 25, 1965, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., and 25,000 supporters completed a five-day, 54-mile freedom walk that began and ended in what two cities?
Correct Answer: SELMA, MONTGOMERY
Your Answer: Birmingham and Selma
Points Assigned: 1
2. On March 25, 1965, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., and 25,000 supporters completed a five-day, 54-mile freedom walk that began and ended in what two cities?
Correct Answer: SELMA, MONTGOMERY
Your Answer: Birmingham and Selma
Points Assigned: 1
I was sure of Selma, Birmingham popped into my head first and I didn't want to second guess it.
3. If A and B are two points on a straight line, the part of the line between and including A and B is normally referred to by what mathematical term?
Correct Answer: SEGMENT
Your Answer: Segment
Points Assigned: 0
3. If A and B are two points on a straight line, the part of the line between and including A and B is normally referred to by what mathematical term?
Correct Answer: SEGMENT
Your Answer: Segment
Points Assigned: 0
I got a second math question correct! I am 2/3 this season!!!!
4. The Tombs of Atuan, The Farthest Shore, Tehanu, and The Other Wind are novels by Ursula K. LeGuin set in what fictional land, a chain of islands surrounded by uncharted ocean?
Correct Answer: EARTHSEA
Your Answer: Last Airbender
Points Assigned: 2
Nope, never heard of it.
5. Among the 460 medications on the WHO's List of Essential Medicines is a medication produced by the pharmaceutical company Sanofi under the trade name Plaquenil. What is the generic name for this newsworthy antimalarial (or the related drug with which it is most often associated, produced by Sanofi as Aralen)?
Correct Answer: HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE/CHLOROQUINE
Your Answer: Hydroxychloroquine
Points Assigned: 1
4. The Tombs of Atuan, The Farthest Shore, Tehanu, and The Other Wind are novels by Ursula K. LeGuin set in what fictional land, a chain of islands surrounded by uncharted ocean?
Correct Answer: EARTHSEA
Your Answer: Last Airbender
Points Assigned: 2
Nope, never heard of it.
5. Among the 460 medications on the WHO's List of Essential Medicines is a medication produced by the pharmaceutical company Sanofi under the trade name Plaquenil. What is the generic name for this newsworthy antimalarial (or the related drug with which it is most often associated, produced by Sanofi as Aralen)?
Correct Answer: HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE/CHLOROQUINE
Your Answer: Hydroxychloroquine
Points Assigned: 1
I have been taking this for my Lupus for the past decade. I wonder what percentage of people will get this.
6. During Hollywood's studio system era (1920s–1940s), a group of vertically integrated studios—combining production, distribution, and exhibition—were known as the "Big 5" and included MGM, Paramount, RKO, 20th Century Fox, and Warner Brothers. A separate "Little 3" were major studios that were not fully integrated (not owning their own theaters), and consisted of United Artists, Universal, and what third?
Correct Answer: COLUMBIA
Your Answer: Disney
Points Assigned: 3
6. During Hollywood's studio system era (1920s–1940s), a group of vertically integrated studios—combining production, distribution, and exhibition—were known as the "Big 5" and included MGM, Paramount, RKO, 20th Century Fox, and Warner Brothers. A separate "Little 3" were major studios that were not fully integrated (not owning their own theaters), and consisted of United Artists, Universal, and what third?
Correct Answer: COLUMBIA
Your Answer: Disney
Points Assigned: 3
I thought of Columbia as more of a music studio. I didn't think Disney would be right, but I did not have a better answer.
No comments:
Post a Comment