Thursday, June 18, 2020

Jesse day 20

2/6

1. War Requiem, which was commissioned to mark the consecration of the rebuilt Coventry Cathedral (after the original was destroyed in the Blitz) and was completed in 1962, is the work of what English composer?
Correct Answer: BENJAMIN BRITTEN
Your Answer: Marshall
Points Assigned: 2

I have heard of him, but there was no way I was going to pull this. 

2. An 1808 revolt in Australia involved the overthrow of Governor William Bligh by colonists and officers of the New South Wales Corps. This "Rebellion" is known by what alliterative name, which it was given years later by English writer, Bligh sympathizer, and teetotaler William Howitt?
Correct Answer: RUM REBELLION
Your Answer: Bligh's Byron Bay Beer Brawl
Points Assigned: 3

That was a lot easier than I thought it would be and I did consider rum rebellion. I still prefer mine. 

3. According to an honor-winning children's book released 2003 by Mo Willems, whom must we not let drive the bus (despite the fact that their cousin Herb drives a bus almost every day, true story)?
Correct Answer: THE PIGEON
Your Answer: Pigeon
Points Assigned: 1

Mo Willems is the best. 

4. In theater, what four-letter word—an abbreviated form of a longer word—is used for the period, prior to dress rehearsals and the opening, when a show is rehearsed for the first time in the venue with lighting, scenery, sound, etc.?
Correct Answer: TECH
Your Answer: Walk
Points Assigned: 0

Nope. I was thinking walk-through. 

5. The statement that, for all integers n > 2, the equation x^n</sup> + y^n</sup> = z^n</sup> has no positive integer solutions was proven in 1994 by Andrew Wiles, but is most often associated with (and named after) what other mathematician?
Correct Answer: PIERRE DE FERMAT
Your Answer: Pythagoras
Points Assigned: 2

Nope.

6. In February 2020, the final episode of the third season of a variety show and "Potluck Party Challenge" aired on VH1 hosted by what odd couple—one a star of the culinary and lifestyle worlds, the other a hip hop icon?
Correct Answer: MARTHA STEWART, SNOOP DOGG
Your Answer: Martha Stewart and Snoop Doggy Dog
Points Assigned: 1

Never saw it, but I knew the answer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment