Friday, June 19, 2020

Brian Day 21 vs Seif and Dave M

3 or 4/6 due to a nice brain fart.  Very difficult to defend, but both my opponents could get 5/6 and it won't matter

1) Fuzzy Navel.  2/2 A gimme, but I don't know if this is some remnant from the 80s, as I don't know anyone who drinks this

2) Philippines 2/0  I hated giving Seif 2 for geography, but the other questions left me no choice.

3) Silicon, aluminum  0/1  I was pretty sure i remembered silicon as being the most prevalent from a prior LL question, but I had a tough time piecing together what was next to it on the periodic table.  I had finally settled on Sodium, and was about to submit, when I re-read the question and saw the answer was actually in the word 'sial'.  That would have been a bad miss.  And catching that changed my defense for this question as well.

4) Lord of the Flies.  1/1 This was a gimme, and I'm hoping for literature points in a weak category.Unfortunately I didn't re-read this question carefully, and I'm not sure I"m going to get credit.  I think he's given credit in similar cases to other players, so I'm hopeful.

5) habeas corpus 1/2 

6) aerial 3/3 never heard of it.

So... as predicted Mirkin gets 5 and beats me 7(5)-5(4) or 3(3)
Now for Seif, who I can knock back into the relegation zone....Seif ties or wins 4(4)-4(4) or 4(3).  So this comes down to the wisdom of Thorsten.  Either way should be good in the standings for Dave. Well played.

No comments:

Post a Comment