Monday, June 8, 2020

Jesse Day 13

2/6

1. Samuel Beckett's Waiting for Godot and Eugene Ionesco's The Bald Soprano are widely considered works within a classification known as "Theatre of the" what? The designation, and the term itself, were inspired by an assessment of the human condition presented by Albert Camus in 1942's The Myth of Sisyphus.
Correct Answer: ABSURD
Your Answer: Mind
Points Assigned: 2

I had no idea.

2. When the sun and moon are aligned at times of full or new moon, their combined gravitational pull produces a tide range known as spring tides. What is the associated term for tides when the sun and moon exert perpendicular forces, during a waxing or waning half moon?
Correct Answer: NEAP TIDES
Your Answer: fall tides
Points Assigned: 1

I have heard of them, but I had no idea.

3. What Durham native did British Prime Minister Boris Johnson name to the newly formed position of Chief Adviser to Prime Minister on July 24, 2019?
Correct Answer: DOMINIC CUMMINGS
Your Answer: Cummings
Points Assigned: 3

I just listened to an episode or Worldly about Cummings a week or two ago. He is like their Manafort. He got caught breaking quarantine because he was listening to ABBA really loudly at a castle. 

4. A section along the parallel 39° 42' 23.6" in the eastern United States is known by what name?
Correct Answer: MASON-DIXON LINE
Your Answer: Panhandle
Points Assigned: 2

I thought of Mason Dixon line, but I didn't think it was straight at all. 

5. What is the English title of the 1957 Ingmar Bergman film, his first popular success in the U.S., which in his native Swedish is an untranslatable idiom roughly meaning a personal, private, treasured place (Smultronstället), but in English sounds like something one might find on a hike or foraging expedition?
Correct Answer: WILD STRAWBERRIES
Your Answer: Wild Stawberries
Points Assigned: 0

I initially had the Seventh Seal, but that made no sense with clue and was able to come up with Wild Strawberries. 

6. In a ranking of the ten basic types of (non-wildcard) poker hands, with a Royal Flush being #1 and High Card being #10, what hand is in position #4?
Correct Answer: FULL HOUSE
Your Answer: Flush
Points Assigned: 1

I don't play poker. 

No comments:

Post a Comment