Friday, June 19, 2020

Seif Day 21 vs. Brian (LL) and Steiny (LLL)

4/6 vs. Ben's acquaintance Brian in LL and Steiny in LLL.  I'm in the lowest non-relegation spot in my rundle right now, so this match has large implications for me.  I'm honestly not sure if my 4/6 will be enough, and I suspect it will come down to defense, which I found tricky.

1. Fruit punch :(, D21.  I had no idea.  And I struggled to guess if Brian would know this.  He does know a bunch of random things like this, but I felt D2 was still ok.

2. India :), D23.  I felt confident when I submitted this even though I wasn't certain, and I hope this will trip up both Brian and Steiny, since I think it's pretty hard.  There are a few small, random formerly British countries that have huge Indian populations.  I didn't know that Fiji was one of them, but with Europe, China, and Pacific island countries excluded by the question, this seemed like the best guess by far.

3. Silicon, Aluminum :), D12.  No idea how hard people will find this.  I had a number of guesses and really didn't know when I first read the question.  Then I realized that "sial" is just the symbol for silicon "Si" and aluminum "Al" combined to form a word, which made the answer obvious.  Do Brian and Steiny notice this?  I'm really not sure.

4. Flies :), D10.  If I find a literature question easy, so should Brian and Steiny.

5. Habeus corpus :), D02.  Gimme for me.  Not sure how easy this plays, but I'm thinking it's not too hard generally.

6. Jones :(, D31.  I had no idea.  I probably should have given a higher D to Steiny here, but I feel good about my D3 for Brian.

No comments:

Post a Comment