Friday, June 19, 2020

Jesse day 21

4/6

1. The two words in the name of what cocktail, a combination of peach schnapps and orange juice served over ice, refer (obliquely) to its two ingredients?
Correct Answer: FUZZY NAVEL
Your Answer: Fuzzy navel
Points Assigned: 0

Good clue. I first considered Bellini, but I thought the was champagne based. I then thought about other names and descriptions for a peach, fuzzy quickly reminded me of the fuzzy navel, which was a jelly belly recipe. 

2. While the population of Fiji includes small minorities of Chinese, Europeans, and other Pacific islanders, the majority are from one of two groups: native Fijians, and Fiji citizens descended from immigrants from what other country?
Correct Answer: INDIA
Your Answer: Samoa
Points Assigned: 2

Is this somehow cricket related? I had no idea. 

3. The geological term sial refers to the rocks that lie in the uppermost layer of the earth's crust, beneath landmasses, whose most abundant minerals contain what two elements that are adjacent on the periodic table?
Correct Answer: SILICON, ALUMINUM
Your Answer: Silicon and Carbon
Points Assigned: 3

Nope. 

4. What is Golding's equivalent to Scott's Isles, Flatley's Dance, and Tolkien's Rings?
Correct Answer: FLIES
Your Answer: Flies
Points Assigned: 1

I love Golding. 

5. As named in Article I, Section 9 of the U.S. Constitution, what is the legal writ that orders law officers to release a detainee from custody absent a justification for arrest?
Correct Answer: HABEAS CORPUS
Your Answer: Habeus Corpus
Points Assigned: 1

It took me a while to remember the term.

6. Identify the skateboarding trick, reportedly named after the skateboarder who pioneered it in the late 1970s, where both the rider and the board jump into the air without the rider using their hands.
Correct Answer: OLLIE
Your Answer: Ollie
Points Assigned: 2

I played a lot of Skate or Die as a kid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment