Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Seif Day 19 vs. Mirkin (LLL)

5/6, which is better than I expected when I submitted.  Turns out the last one was gettable and a 6/6 was within my reach.  These questions were way more up my alley compared to the past three days, but they will also be for Mirkin and for my LL opponent.

1. Joker :), D22.  I wasn't sure about this one, but now that I see that I did get it, I regret the D.  If I'm getting a recent film question, most people will.

2. JAMA :(, D33.  This was so gettable.  Ugh.  I regret the D33.

3. Circus Maximus :), D10.  Shouldn't give either of my opponents any problems, I don't think.

4. Positron :), D22.  Gimme for me.  Science is the one area where I'm a bit better than both my opponents, so I'm hoping I might get some separation on this question.

5. Ford :), D01.  No way I'm missing an American history question two days in a row!

6. Liberia :), D11.  Happy to get this.  It was an educated guess.  Since the US helped found Liberia and the country referenced in the question that merged had the same name as an American state, I figured this was a logical answer.  I suspect this will play very hard overall, but perhaps not for my opponents.

No comments:

Post a Comment