Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Brian Day 10 Vs Dave M

4/6 vs Mirkin

1) FD50   3/2  So close!  I had no idea at first, then realized 4 characters meant there could be numbers, which rang a bell, I've seen this before, but chose fatal as my synonym for deadly instead of lethal.  

2) Emirates 1/1 I've seen Fly Emirates signs around, made sense it would be on soccer uniforms

3) Judas Priest 1/3  Not a huge fan, but that's up my alley

4) Druids 2/1  Thank you D&D

5) Hearts.  0/0   Very close call.  My mind immediately went to Peeps, i had bunny entered as my answer, was about to submit, then thought, wait, aren't those chicks?  That's not befitting the holiday with which they're associated. So I started with New Year's and slapped my forehead a month later at how I almost missed a gimme.  Those hearts are clearly the same candy as the NECCO wafers

6) Penzance.  2/2 After killing myself going through all 50 states, I realized it didn't have be a US city, and the only show I could think of was the Pirates of Penzance (also an answer in my first season of Learned League).  Never would have gotten Oh Calcutta!

No comments:

Post a Comment