Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Seif Day 8 vs. Mirkin (LLL)

2/6.  Tough day for me with 3 pop culture questions, none of which I had any chance at getting.

1. Appendix :(, D31.  Very gettable.  I think appendix was also a reasonable guess.  The "some other animals" part of the question is what led me to it and could just as easily lead someone to the correct answer.

2. U2 :(, D13.  No chance.  My first thought was that this referred to a former Beatle, but I didn't know the name of any of the former Beatles' later groups, so that didn't get me anywhere.

3. Alaska Purchase :), D21.  A bit of a confusing wording made it unclear to me if Thorsten wanted the name of the purchase or of the territory, but I don't think that will matter.  The date was key, or I probably would have gone with Mexican Cession, which was over 20 years earlier.

4. Kelly :(, D22.  I had no idea and no chance.  I was going for Grace Kelly with my answer, but I realized I was off by about 15 years.

5. Gumby :(, D02.  No idea.

6. Humor :), D10.  To me this was more of a history of science question, and that's how I got it.  Given that Thorsten paid on my "Stronganoff" answer yesterday (though I still lost), I assume he'll forgive the American spelling.

No comments:

Post a Comment