Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Brian Day 13 Rematch vs Steiny (in LLL this time)

 5/6, but prob won't be good enough today 

1) FL 2/2 I knew it couldn't be as obvious as flamingo, but with the FL for Florida and flamingos in the Miami Vice credits, I didn't feel like trying to figure out the wild goat any longer.  Wish I had used the Osiris question to find my way to the ibis.

2) Chess 2/1  Gimme for me, even if I hadn't watched The Queen's Gambit. Even if you don't know chess, I'd think the royal game and a Russian author give enough clues.

3) Black Forest 1/1 Mmmmm... ham.   And now I know what sylvan means.

4) The Crown 1/0  It's in my Netflix queue

5) pharaoh 3/3   If you know who Osiris is, there's no other possible answer.  I'm hoping my opponents don't know from Osiris. But with my terrible defense this season in LL, they probably do. 

6) Mineral 0/2  I feel like I learned vegetable animal mineral in school even before it was drilled into my brain by the song.

Yup, Steiny beats me again, 8(5)-7(5)

No comments:

Post a Comment