Monday, March 15, 2021

Brian Day 16 vs AmdurS

 5/6, did not expect this after first read of the questions

1) Sinead O'Connor 2/2  Very frustrating to have absolutely no idea on an 80s music question, but felt better upon seeing the answer, as I have never heard of Wendy O. Williams.  

2) Fauvism 0/3  Excited to get an esoteric art question.  I thought it was a cool term when I stumbled across it, as I recognized fauve as beast in French.  No idea what it means in terms of art, but given the French references in the question I figured it could be the answer.  Should get me 3.

3) Route 66  3/1  No idea it was a show, I only know it from the song "get my kicks on Route 66", but I had no other guess.

4) Kashmir 1/2  More musical answers, thank you Led Zep

5) baguette 2/1 More francais. I worked my way through the grocery store aisles in my mind looking for a perishable French food.  In the produce section I considered ficelle as string beans and cucumber as the answer, moved on to the dairy and freezer section, considering les fromages.  I finally found the long thick rod I was looking for in the bread aisle.

6) LSD 1/0 Leary = acid

No comments:

Post a Comment