Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Brian Day 18 vs FlisserA

 5/6 

1) Spiders from Mars  1/2    My first thought was space spiders...oh, Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars.  Then I laughed as I pictured Seif's bewildered reaction to this question.  This must be impossible if you don't know the album

2) Ground fault  3/1   Any homeowner would know this, I'm hoping my opponent in Brooklyn lives in an old, not up-to-code rental.

3) Newfoundland 2/3  I was so proud of myself for thoroughly parsing the question and recognizing the Labrador connection; I was convinced I had this even though I thought the breed was too large to be a retriever. Nova Scotia should be for lox, not dogs. 

4) Indianapolis 1/0 Originally put down Omaha, then realized it's not a capital city.  Going around the states, I made the connection to Jaws, which I'm pretty sure was in a question recently.  

5) Satay 2/2 Normally I'd have no chance on southeast asian food, but satay skewers are a pretty common appetizer at restaurants. 

6) Babysitters 0/1  I assume I get the points, it is in the show's title.  I watched a few episodes with my daughters, and they've read some of the recent graphic novels. This might be difficult if you're not a parent or haven't read them yourself.


Comments: LOL Ben on the Norwegian Ridgeback.  Also credit to Jesse on the Wizards comment.

Surprised to see GFCI play difficult, I feel better about my D3

No one else made the Jaws connection to the Indianapolis?  Looking it up, the question was very recent, May 29, 2020:  

LL85 MD7 Q6What blockbuster film presents lengthy scenes featuring a bookish ichthyologist,
a survivor of the sinking of the USS Indianapolis, and a New York police chief?

My girls watch Alexa & Katie repeatedly, I can actually quote entire episodes now.  It's actually a pretty good show, and Tiffani Amber Thiessen is the mom (boy do I feel old), so I recommend switching the girls from Babysitters to Alexa & Katie.

No comments:

Post a Comment