Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Jesse Day 12

5/6

1. The most widely visited art museum in the United States located west of the Mississippi River is a facility, designed by architect Richard Meier, that opened to the public in 1997 and is named after what benefactor?
Correct Answer: J. PAUL GETTY
Your Answer: Getty
Points Assigned: 1

I have never been to LA, but I have heard of the Getty and I would have had a hard time thinking of any other art museums west of the Mississippi. 

2. A common gaming set of seven items includes a tetrahedron, an octahedron, two pentagonal trapezohedrons, a dodecahedron, an icosahedron, and what sixth shape?
Correct Answer: CUBE
Your Answer: Cube
Points Assigned: 1

I do play DnD so the answer was obvious. 

3. Name the R&B legend whose career highlights include a #1 hit with her eponymous group in 1975 ("Lady Marmalade") and another in a 1986 duet with Michael McDonald ("On My Own").
Correct Answer: PATTI LABELLE
Your Answer: Labelle
Points Assigned: 2

She lives 5 minutes from my house in Wynnewood PA and someone from my trivia team grew up on her street. 

4. Langa, Mabopane, Soweto, and Sharpeville are all names of locations in South Africa of a type most often referred to by what term?
Correct Answer: TOWNSHIP
Your Answer: Townships
Points Assigned: 2

I have been to Soweto. 

5. What word is the motto of a western US state, a brand of vacuum cleaner, and what Archimedes is alleged to have exclaimed before he left his tub and ran naked through the streets of Syracuse?
Correct Answer: EUREKA
Your Answer: Eureka
Points Assigned: 0

I got it from Archimedes, confirmed by the vacuum cleaner. 

6. The actor born Reu (or Rue) Alfred Wilson in 1917 and later known as Al LaRue was a star of low-budget (and arguably low-quality) Westerns of the late 1940s. He was best known by what nickname, after his main weapon that he wielded with some skill?
Correct Answer: LASH
Your Answer: Rifle
Points Assigned: 3

Nope! I did consider whip, but never would have thought of lash. 

No comments:

Post a Comment