Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Ben Day 6 & 7

Day 7: 5/6
1 :) Goodman. D02. I can never tell how hard this plays. On reading the question I immediately thought "I'll never remember his name" but then I immediately did, helped by Thorsten's cluing.
2 :) Uganda. D21. I've heard of Buganda, and there weren't that many country names that could have fit.
3 :( Everton. D33. Thought I might have had this, though I had a feeling they are still in the Premier League. Did not have this.
4 :) Stroganoff. D11 I cooked this in the last 2 weeks. Had to sub the cream for coconut cream for kashrut reasons and did not love the result.
5 :) Ptolemy. D22 Pop history of science literature in my youth embedded this one in my brain.
6 :) Moor. D10 Just knew this.

Day 6 v LLL Seif 3/6
1 :) 3 mile island. got it from context clues, despite having thought that 3 mile island was in NY!
2 :( sand. pretty bad guess actually. I went for the alliteration.
3 :( Price is RIght. I never know how US tv questions will play, but probably should have 3ed Seif here.
4 :) Arabic. Frankly I wasn't sure if this was a letter system or a number system, but figured I should be good with Arabic as a guess either way.
5 :( Liquidity. I never studied econ.
6 :) Baghdad. Educated guess

No comments:

Post a Comment