Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Seif Day 13

A far better 5/6 today.  I'm happy with that as some guesses worked out.  I'm still dead last in my rundle and playing the person who's in first.  So perhaps I can act as a spoiler and break my six-match losing streak.

1. GA :(, D22.  I doubt I would have gotten this, but I got thrown off by the University of Miami clue.  I thought maybe it was a reference to "gator" as another animal with the same starting two letters.

2. Chess :), D12.  I didn't know this, but it seemed like this has to be chess.  So many clues including "Royal Game" and "Variation."

3. Black Forest :), D20.  I got it from the ham and from knowing the meaning of the word sylvan.

4. The Crown :), D01.  I'm a fan of this show.

5. Pharaoh :), D11.  Happy to get this.  I figured this had to be a term from Ancient Egypt and that pharaoh made the most sense.

6. Mineral :), D33.  I'm aware of the song.  Kind of thinking that my D was too high here.

No comments:

Post a Comment