Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Brian Day 7 vs WinnR

 Coming off a frustrating 6(5)-6(3) tie, I'm happy that I pulled 4/6 today, easily could have been 2.  Defense was very difficult

1) Piper 2/1 Like the pied piper leading the rats away. I think this will be easy for most, but I had no choice with defense given the other questions. 

2) Uganda 1/2  Last week I made a list of Asian countries, today it was Africa. I eliminated any country that sounded anglicized, and ultimately this was the best fit.

3) Bristol  0/0 Absolutely no clue. But I thought this was worth a deep dive into my opponents' question history and they both nailed almost every soccer question.

4) Beef Stroganoff  3/1 Not as long as my list of African nations, but I wrote down very Russian name I could think of, eventually Romanoff reminded me of the answer.

5) Ptolemy 2/3  Gimme for me, don't think it will be in general. (Reading the blog, I guess I'm wrong about that.)

6) Moor 2/2 My favorite Shakespeare.  Hated this defense, but no choice.  Love the Moop reference, Seif.

No comments:

Post a Comment