Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Brian Day 8 vs Brad

 4/6

1) Rib cage   3/3 The root led me to chicken which is of no help, and I thought maybe police indicated protection, so i guessed rib cage.  I did consider opposable thumb, the "and some other animals" clue in the question pointed right at it, but I decided I'd rather submit an incorrect answer.  

2) Wings 1/2   I initially considered groups whose leader went on to become more successful, but I was stuck with Genesis and Black Sabbath, neither of which quite fit the bill.  When I tried the 70s band being the less successful of the two rock acts, it clicked immediately.  

3) Alaska 0/0 Should be a gimme, just had to avoid the temptation to enter Seward's Folly and write the formal name.

4) Leigh 2/2 I've heard the story, I knew she was the mother of an actress, but I just couldn't remember

5) Potsie 1/1 No long list to write today, Happy Days was the second early 70s sitcom I considered, making this a gimme

6) Humour 2/1 Phlegmatic got me there

No comments:

Post a Comment