Monday, March 22, 2021

Seif Day 21 vs. Ben (LLL)

5/6, and I let a 6/6 slip through my fingers with a bad miss.

1. Brooks :(, D02.  I don't know what I was thinking here.  This seems so obvious (now that I see the answer).  Annoyed to a let a 6/6 slip away on this miss.

2. Grace Note :), D32.  Glad to get this.  I've never heard of this company, but I was able to get this because of the music angle.

3. Danube :), D10.  Fortunately, my interpretation of this question of "What river runs through Vienna?" was the right way to look at it.

4. Fruit :), D11.  Many ways to get this.  I bet many people who get this think of the scene with the gold phone being passed around in the Godfather Part II.

5. Shoe :), D21.  Poker gimme.  Maybe my D was too high here.

6. Annie :), D23.  I spent a while trying to think of any other comic-strip related musical that could conceivably fit the timing.  I couldn't think of any.  Annie was a success on Broadway, so I thought it made sense.  But I wouldn't have been surprised to have gotten this wrong with the correct answer something I'd never heard of.


No comments:

Post a Comment