4/6
1. In 1982, Hollywood film director and memorabilia collector Steven Spielberg purchased a certain cheap balsa wood sled for over $60,000. The sled, one of three used for its specific purpose—and one of the two that was not completely burned in the process—had what name?
Correct Answer: ROSEBUD
Your Answer: Rosebud
Points Assigned: 0
Correct Answer: ROSEBUD
Your Answer: Rosebud
Points Assigned: 0
Gimmie
2. Poses in yoga, such as downward-facing dog, mountain pose, and tabletop, are known by what term, from the Sanskrit for "posture" or "seat"?
Correct Answer: ASANAS
Your Answer: Don't know
Points Assigned: 3
2. Poses in yoga, such as downward-facing dog, mountain pose, and tabletop, are known by what term, from the Sanskrit for "posture" or "seat"?
Correct Answer: ASANAS
Your Answer: Don't know
Points Assigned: 3
I don't do yoga and I have been planning on starting for the past several years. I had no idea.
3. What woman is widely (though probably incorrectly) regarded as the first in Italy to receive a medical degree, though her greatest fame is as an educator who developed (in the early 20th century) a novel approach to teaching young children?
Correct Answer: MARIA MONTESSORI
Your Answer: Montasorri
Points Assigned: 1
3. What woman is widely (though probably incorrectly) regarded as the first in Italy to receive a medical degree, though her greatest fame is as an educator who developed (in the early 20th century) a novel approach to teaching young children?
Correct Answer: MARIA MONTESSORI
Your Answer: Montasorri
Points Assigned: 1
Seems pretty easy.
4. Mexico's Highway 1, which begins in the north in Tijuana at the US border, runs mostly due south, ending at the tip of the Baja California peninsula in what city?
Correct Answer: CABO SAN LUCAS (CABO)
Your Answer: Cabo San Lucas
Points Assigned: 2
4. Mexico's Highway 1, which begins in the north in Tijuana at the US border, runs mostly due south, ending at the tip of the Baja California peninsula in what city?
Correct Answer: CABO SAN LUCAS (CABO)
Your Answer: Cabo San Lucas
Points Assigned: 2
I drove half-way down the Baja peninsula, but did not make it all the way down.
5. A solitaire card game variation shares its name with a car-sized object currently poking around in Mars's Jezero Crater. What is that name?
Correct Answer: PERSEVERANCE
Your Answer: Perserverance
Points Assigned: 2
5. A solitaire card game variation shares its name with a car-sized object currently poking around in Mars's Jezero Crater. What is that name?
Correct Answer: PERSEVERANCE
Your Answer: Perserverance
Points Assigned: 2
I followed this mission. Never heard of the card game.
6. Just As I Am is the title of a memoir by what woman, an American actor of stage and screen who died in January 2021—two days after the book's publication—at age 96?
Correct Answer: CICELY TYSON
Your Answer: Dench
Points Assigned: 1
6. Just As I Am is the title of a memoir by what woman, an American actor of stage and screen who died in January 2021—two days after the book's publication—at age 96?
Correct Answer: CICELY TYSON
Your Answer: Dench
Points Assigned: 1
I just could not pull it. Now that I see the answer I know I was aware of her death.
No comments:
Post a Comment