Thursday, March 4, 2021

Brian Day 9 vs Seif

 First, Debbie, love your comments yesterday, I also thought of Face/Off (and I think Castor and Pollux Troy got their names from the Iliad), but it didn't help.  Also, agreed on Wings, what do they sing?  Jet, and No More Silly Love Songs.  

Today's a rare day in which I was pretty confident I had a 6/6, and indeed I did.  But there's a very good chance Seif pulled out the same, even with an 80s question and a 70s pop music/film question

1) Dominion 1/0  I may have missed Goodman, but this is seared in my brain. Gimme for Seif. 

2) Gotti 2/2 For you youngsters,  John Gotti was the Teflon Don, charges could never stick to him.  I didn't realize Reagan was the other answer, thought it might have been Trump.  Dave has a chance here

3) Olivia Newton-John 2/2  Have to believe we are magic.  My favorite Aussie after CarrBen12 and Colin Hay. Big gimme for me, 1978 musical film has to be Grease.  I wore out my cassette tape of her greatest hits.  I assume the CMA was controversial because she's not American?  Even Dave should make the Grease connection

4) Butler 1/1  The butler did it.

5) Semaphore 3/3 Came to me immediately, I don't know how widely known it is, or if it can be figured out from the Greek.

6) Chipotle.  0/1  Read this before I'd had my coffee, didn't catch what CMG was on first read.  But capsicum means pepper, and it hit me that CMG is Chipotle's ticker.

Let's read Seif's post... It seems I gave you too much credit, Dave.

No comments:

Post a Comment