3/6
1. What is the name of the hit debut young adult novel from 2020 by Emma Lord whose title is a fun play on a term for an amusing first encounter between two people that eventually leads to a romantic relationship, updated for the era of social media?
Correct Answer: TWEET CUTE
Your Answer: Love at first swipe
Points Assigned: 1
Correct Answer: TWEET CUTE
Your Answer: Love at first swipe
Points Assigned: 1
I like mine better.
2. Josette Day and Jean Marais play the title characters in what French fantasy film from 1946, directed and written by Jean Cocteau and based on a 1757 tale by Mme. Jeanne-Marie Leprince de Beaumont?
Correct Answer: BEAUTY AND THE BEAST (LA BELLE ET LA BÊTE)
Your Answer: Beauty and the beast
Points Assigned: 1
2. Josette Day and Jean Marais play the title characters in what French fantasy film from 1946, directed and written by Jean Cocteau and based on a 1757 tale by Mme. Jeanne-Marie Leprince de Beaumont?
Correct Answer: BEAUTY AND THE BEAST (LA BELLE ET LA BÊTE)
Your Answer: Beauty and the beast
Points Assigned: 1
I just knew this one.
3. What is the term commonly used for the Stone Age's final phase—when humans first developed settlements and invented agriculture—which translates directly from Greek as "New Stone [Age]"?
Correct Answer: NEOLITHIC
Your Answer: Neozoic
Points Assigned: 2
3. What is the term commonly used for the Stone Age's final phase—when humans first developed settlements and invented agriculture—which translates directly from Greek as "New Stone [Age]"?
Correct Answer: NEOLITHIC
Your Answer: Neozoic
Points Assigned: 2
I got the neo part right.
4. What London address is the parallel to Tokyo's 2-3-1 Nagata-cho, Chiyoda-ku, the current location of a building known as Kantei?
Correct Answer: 10 DOWNING STREET
Your Answer: 10 Downing street
Points Assigned: 2
4. What London address is the parallel to Tokyo's 2-3-1 Nagata-cho, Chiyoda-ku, the current location of a building known as Kantei?
Correct Answer: 10 DOWNING STREET
Your Answer: 10 Downing street
Points Assigned: 2
It was a guess, but the only other answer I could have thought of was 221B Baker street.
5. The proto-caliphate known internationally as ISIS (Islamic State of Iraq and Syria) or ISIL (Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant) has also been referred to by what other, controversial, five-letter name, which is a transliteration of the acronym of its name in Arabic?
Correct Answer: DAESH
Your Answer: I read my friend Graeme's book on ISIS and I do not know the answer
Points Assigned: 3
5. The proto-caliphate known internationally as ISIS (Islamic State of Iraq and Syria) or ISIL (Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant) has also been referred to by what other, controversial, five-letter name, which is a transliteration of the acronym of its name in Arabic?
Correct Answer: DAESH
Your Answer: I read my friend Graeme's book on ISIS and I do not know the answer
Points Assigned: 3
Shit. I read a whole book and I could not remember this.
6. What unique law enforcement agency has its roots in a group founded by empresario Stephen F. Austin in 1823 as a protection force for settlers after the Mexican War of Independence?
Correct Answer: TEXAS RANGERS
Your Answer: Rangers
Points Assigned: 0
6. What unique law enforcement agency has its roots in a group founded by empresario Stephen F. Austin in 1823 as a protection force for settlers after the Mexican War of Independence?
Correct Answer: TEXAS RANGERS
Your Answer: Rangers
Points Assigned: 0
I put down Texas Rangers initially, but worried that was too specific. I do think he'll count it as being right.
No comments:
Post a Comment