1. Botanical :(, D33. No idea. Easy D33 given that both of my opponents are very weak at art, similar to me.
2. Elbe :), D20. A fairly hard geography question that was gimmeish for me and should give Mirkin no problem.
3. Emerald :(, D11. This was very gettable. Annoyed to miss it. I just had no idea what any of the Irish words meant, and I couldn't "get my bearings" on the question, so to speak. Even so, potato was a very reasonable guess, so I could see a good number of people getting this who were in a similar situation to me.
4. Stone :(, D12. Well, I at least had the idea that it was a word in the name of a famous band. On a pop music question, that's pretty good for me.
5. Cotton Increase (Mather) :), D01. Great and clever question. I think this is fairly hard, but my LL opponent is very strong at American history. Not sure about Mirkin here, but I gave him D1 because I think other questions will be harder for him. My only complaint is that it was unclear to me whether one needed to put last names since Thorsten didn't explicitly say "fill in the blanks" and instead asked for the names without specifying that he only wanted the first names.
6. Cotangent :), D22. This should play hard. I think there will be a lot of frustrated people who know something about trig but put tangent here. Even if you know trig functions, you need to read this carefully to realize it's cotangent and not tangent.
Debbie, congrats on the kind-of physics question. I know how you feel, having recently gotten a pop music question Brian missed.
No comments:
Post a Comment