4/6, and very lucky to get that many. I found defense very tricky today. Hard to tell which categories some of these questions fit into.
1. Diesel :), D03. Pretty much a gimme for me, but I really don't know how hard this plays. Is the lack of spark plugs in a diesel engine well-known?
2. Thurgood :(, D22. I had no idea. I couldn't imagine this was right, but I thought it would be one of those "oh, of course" moments when I saw the answer. But I had to look it up to understand it. Never had a chance.
3. Mesopotamia :), D11. Gimme for me.
4. Wickets :), D10. This is at the very limit of my cricket knowledge. Low D only b/c my opponents are good at games/sports.
5. Berlin :(, D21. No idea at all.
6. Opera House :), D32. I had World's Fair all written down, defense all set, and I felt pretty good about that answer. Then at the last second it occurred to me that the 1986 musical part of the question might be a reference to Phantom of the Opera. If I hadn't spent all that time futilely struggling to figure out question #2, I would have gotten this wrong.
No comments:
Post a Comment