Thursday, June 10, 2021

David S Day 18 vs. Brian (CC)

4/6.  I should be reasonably hard to defend against today since it seems to me like the easy questions were in my worst categories.

1. Parton :), D10.  A very rare pop music question I knew right away.  Hopefully this will get me 3 points.  I put low D since if I knew it, it can't be hard.

2. Major :(, D33.  I knew the Ionian scale was the standard major scale, but I assumed this was wrong.  I defended as though it were really hard, and I think that might pay off.

3. Molotov Cocktail :), D22.  Gimme for me.  Not sure how hard this plays.

4. Fruit Fly :), D01.  The "alliterative" clue made this easy for me.  I think most people will pull this off, but maybe it's harder than I realized.

5. Doubt :), D11.  Another one in a category I do poorly where I knew it right away.  I again assume this plays easy since I knew it.

6. Enormous :(, D22.  I spent some time debating between gigantic and enormous, but I had no chance.  I picked enormous because it sounded more French, like the author who came up with the word.

No comments:

Post a Comment