Friday, June 11, 2021

Seif Day 20

I guess I have to start posting under my last name again since Steiny posted.  Quite a day yesterday with him returning and I somehow getting a pop music question that Brian missed. 

4/6 today.

1. Baking powder :), D21.  I wonder how many people will put down baking soda.  You only need to mix them up once when cooking to know the difference.

2. Five Amigos :(, D10.  No idea.  But low D because my opponents are both very good at TV.

3. Bandage :(, D33.  Another one of those moments where when I saw the answer I thought that maybe I once had heard the term.  But I was never going to come up with it.  Math is the worst category for both of my opponents, so D33 was an easy call, but I think this plays pretty hard anyway.

4. Roman a clef :), D22.  My French may have failed me on lozenge, but not on this one.  I had no idea what the term meant, but I'd heard the term before and knew what it meant when translated from French.

5. Cuba :), D02.  This was a satisfying one.  I'd never heard of Jose Marti, but the 1902 independence date gave it away.  Four years after the Spanish-American War and following a short debate in the US on whether to annex the island instead of having it become independent.

6. Close Encounters of the Third Kind :), D11.  If I'm getting a movie question, it can't be that hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment