Thursday, June 3, 2021

Jesse Day 14

1/6. First really bad day of the season for me. 

1. What titular descriptor do the horizon in a 1937 Frank Capra film and the weekend in a 1945 Billy Wilder film have in common?
Correct Answer: LOST
Your Answer: Bernie
Points Assigned: 3

I had no idea. 

2. Jeanne Gang, Norma Merrick Sklarek, Denise Scott Brown, Julia Morgan, Elizabeth Diller, Natalie de Blois, and Ada Louise Huxtable are all individuals who achieved significant professional success related to what field?
Correct Answer: ARCHITECTURE
Your Answer: Math
Points Assigned: 2

I had no idea.

3. A classic of children's literature from 1908, based on letters written by the author to his son Alastair, features the memorable riverside characters Rat, Mole, Badger, and what fourth?
Correct Answer: (MR.) TOAD
Your Answer: Possum
Points Assigned: 1

Oh, I have not read that in a while. 

4. Audible, Goodreads, Ring, Twitch, and Zappos are all subsidiaries owned by what company?
Correct Answer: AMAZON
Your Answer: Amazon
Points Assigned: 0

I knew it from Audible and Goodreads. 

5. "Ken Lay and Jeffrey Skilling, more than anyone, are the reason I'm talking to you now from this law firm." This quote from July 2006, referencing former Enron executives, was made by a prematurely former governor of what state?
Correct Answer: CALIFORNIA
Your Answer: Texas
Points Assigned: 1

I always associated Texas with Texas, but I could not think of a prematurely former Govoner from then. 

6. The television series The City, which premiered in 2008 highlighting aspiring fashion designer Whitney Port's nascent employment with Diane von Fürstenberg in New York, was a spinoff from what other series, in which Port had appeared from its premiere in 2006?
Correct Answer: THE HILLS
Your Answer: Gossip Girl
Points Assigned: 2

I watched neither. 

No comments:

Post a Comment