Wednesday, June 2, 2021

David S Day 12 vs. Brian (LL) and Ben (CC)

3/6, which seems to me like it may be a very common score with the same 3 questions correct.  Up against Brian and Ben today.

1. Motorcycle :), D11.  Glad to come up with this.  It came to me pretty quickly, but at the same time it seems like something I might not have been able to get.  My guess is it plays pretty easy overall.

2. Galapagos :), D00.  Darwin makes this a gimme.

3. Plie :(, D22.  I felt like it was a small victory that I was able to come up with any ballet move.  Now that I see the answer, I realize I've heard of it in the context of architecture/design, and I'm a little bit worried I'm going to lose one or both matches on this question.

4. Sophia :(, D22.  Given that the question makes clear that 1) there's a current events aspect to it, 2) this takes place just a few miles from me, and 3) I had zero idea whatsoever, I was able to correctly conclude these were TikTok stars.  However, that in no way helped me come up with the answer.  Hopefully I'm not way off in predicting that this will not be gettable for Brian or Ben.

5. Dog :(, D33.  No idea.

6. Bellini :), D11.  An Italian mixed drink with prosecco left me with only one guess.  Glad it was right.

No comments:

Post a Comment