Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Brian Day 17 vs Dave M (CC)

 4/6 really thought I had a shot at all of them

1) Sapphire 1/3  My first thought was it could be the author named after a jewel whose book was turned into that movie with that girl.... anyway, had no other option so went through jewels until Sapphire rang a bell.  Pleasantly surprised to get this

2) Descartes 2/2 Math gimme

3) Sorry 1/2  Was either Sorry or Trouble, felt like Sorry was more likely

4) Mary 2/1  Spent so much time debating whether 'of Magdalene' would be necessary that I didn't consider anything else.  

5) The Sopranos 0/1 Never got into it, but "Pine Barrens" is the giveaway for me, that and "College" are two of the few episodes I watched.  I think Cusamano can provide an in to anyone who hasn't seen it at all

6) India 3/0 Given 1947, I figured it had to do with India/Pakistan and that Bangladesh was established in 1971.  I completely forgot about East Pakistan and thought it was part of India that was turned into Bangladesh.  I also never knew that West and East Pakistan were one non-contiguous country, I thought it was Pakistan, and East Pakistan was a part of India until becoming Bangladesh.  The more you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment